Sunday, September 4, 2016

Fred at Barneys


101 Seventh Avenue
(between 17th and 18th Streets)


Barneys returned to its original location in Chelsea earlier this year, and I have been wanting to visit ever since its (re)opening.

Great place to take an out-of-town guest/friend who is a fan of fashion and/or shopping. You can lose an entire day in the store.

After a few hours, I needed to take a break and decided to try their in-house restaurant, Freds at Barneys (located in the rear of the top floor).

We decided to sit at the bar as the seats and booths at the tables seemed rather uncomfortable. (I tried to sit in one of the booths and my skirt kept getting stuck on the fabric.)



My friend went with a glass the rosé sparkling Mumm from Napa ($18). Sparkly and pretty. Great celebratory drink.


I went with a glass of the Sancerre dom des Coltabards from France ($18). Not as full-bodied as other Sancerres, which I appreciated. Since I had a full night ahead of me, I didn’t need to get hit by a headache, which usually happens when I drink too much Sancerre.


We also shared an order of their strawberry shortcake ($14).


Really disappointing for the price. Not as many fresh strawberries as we would have liked and the cake was unmemorable.



Pros:
Friendly service.


Cons:
More dessert options needed.
Pricey.


Final Thoughts
Would return, but only with another out-of-town guest.




No comments:

Post a Comment