Friday, June 28, 2013

Dil-e Punjab Deli


170 Ninth Avenue
(between 20th and 21st Streets)


If you are in the mood for delicious vegetarian Indian food, head to this cabbie favorite. Their lunch/dinner platter is the must get. For $7 you get three (3) vegetable sides (they offer six (6) varying options throughout the day) over white rice, and it comes with either a roti or saffron rice.

You could also get an all-you-can-eat buffet for $10, but please note that this is not a sit-down deli. You may eat at the counter along the back wall, but it can get rather tight, as the lines for lunch can be long.

Their take-out container is quite durable, so if it’s a nice day you can take your meal and eat on a bench in the Highline.

Service
Super friendly. And after two visits, they remember you and welcome you with a warm greeting. They even remembered how I like my take-out to be packaged! Now that’s service!!

Food
I got the $7 platter with turnips, eggplant, and spinach. It comes with yogurt and spicy relish on the side. I like to mix the relish into the food before I start to dig in and then I dip the roti into my food mix. Soooo good!!!





It is seriously A LOT OF food. I actually love getting this for lunch, but it will be my meal for the entire day.




No comments:

Post a Comment