Sunday, June 9, 2013

Adventures in the Global Kitchen and sampling of tasting menu from Eleven Madison Park

Here is another interesting event at the American Museum of Natural History.

                               

I had a great time at a discussion on the Exotic Flavors in Fine Dining on Thursday, June 6.

Mitchell Davis interviewed Will Guidara and Daniel Humm from Eleven Madison Park.

The discussion was about the venue and the focus on food from the local area, such as NY farmers.  It is another reminder that New York has some really good food and we don't have to import food from other places when sometimes the best food is right here.

Their venue is about what is best in NY and that is the theme at their restaurant as well.

We all had a sample of what they offer at their restaurant.  Here is the tasting list.

   

My favorite was the black and white cookie.  It brought back some memories of when I tasted my first black and white cookie.  It melted too quickly in my mouth.

These samples have made me want to go to their restaurant and have that 16 course-tasting menu.  It is like a show about the food.  I will try to get a reservation for the restaurant to taste the other courses.  Of course, we will write about that once we have gone although I know there are many reviews out there already, but I refuse to read them and want to form my own opinion.

To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment