Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pepe Giallo


253 Tenth Avenue
(between 24th and 25th Streets)


Amazing $9 lunch special!!

With a choice of either soup of the day or mixed green salad and a choice of a select pasta dish or sandwich the serving portions are excessively generous.

I ordered the soup of the day (minestrone), which could have been my meal on its own. It was hearty and the vegetables were fresh and plentiful!


My friend ordered the mixed green salad. The dressing was a simple vinaigrette.

I selected the penne tomato basil dish (my friend chose the same, but added grilled chicken for an extra $3).

I must admit that the penne was a bit undercooked, but it’s a minor complaint in comparison with the rest of the meal.
As soon as I sat down, they placed a basket of bread along with a bottle of water on the table. They also provided olive oil with olives in a small dish to dip the bread in.

To accompany our meal, my friend and I ordered a half-carafe of the house trebbiano (cost was $15). It was light and crisp and enough for two glasses each.

For dessert, we selected their homemade torta di cioccolate (a flourless chocolate cake) with vanilla ice cream. Moist and melts in your mouth!!

Helpful Hint: Some of their desserts are made fresh daily, so be sure to ask!
The restaurant itself is like a hidden gem. On the far west side of Tenth, it’s easy to miss, but once inside it has a very homey and comfortable atmosphere. Definitely want to return for dinner and to try out their pretty back garden.



Update:

Here are photos of the garden! Super cute and a must-try in the spring or summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment