Wednesday, April 10, 2013

IPPUDO NY: PART II

65 Fourth Avenue
New York, NY 10003
www.ippudony.com

After going to a weekday lunch, decided that I had to give an UPDATED review as I have even MORE reasons to be in love with this restaurant.

First, my lunch companion was absolutely flabbergasted at the line that grew as we waited for the place to open at 11 a.m. We arrived at about 10:50 a.m. (on a Tuesday) and were second in line.

Food
Hirata chicken buns: Even better than the pork buns. Hard to believe but true. The chicken seemed to be lightly fried as it had a crispy taste to it. With the sweet white bun and light cream secret mayo sauce absolutely delish!!



Akamaru Mondern Ramen: Had to share the experience of this ramen noodle dish with my friend, but we literally were able to share a bowl!! My friend normally does not ever complete a full meal, so this was perfect. Plus, as I had noted in my previous review the restaurant does not allow take-out--not even a doggie bag for leftovers!! The soup though proved to be sooo good, that we finished it up to the very last drop.



Lady M. Mille Crepe Cake: Had such good memories of it from my previous meal, that I had to order again. This time though was a bit disappointed that the chefs did not write out the restaurant's name in Japanese pink frosting on the plate.

                            

Again, the restaurant did not rush us out in any way and let us chat and have a nice, leisurely lunch. And best of all, no leftovers!






No comments:

Post a Comment