Sunday, July 24, 2016

Zia Maria


318 West 23rd Street
(between Seventh and Eighth Avenues)


Zia Maria is the new restaurant that opened at the site of the closed Patsy’s in Chelsea.

On a hot, humid summer day, I stopped in for their air-conditioning and to try their $14.95 lunch special (soup of the day/house salad and pasta dish).

The restaurant was empty. Odd as it was at the height of lunch hour. It could be because it was a rather new restaurant, as it’s been only open for about three months.


It’s a pretty restaurant with a wood stove in the back of the restaurant.


As soon as I was seated, they brought out basket of freshly baked garlic bread. Delicious! Toasted just right and tasty even without the olive oil.


Since it was hot, I immediately chose to go with their house salad. The salad was a surprisingly large portion size. And the vinaigrette dressing was excellent.


For the pasta, I went with their meat lasagna.


It was good and filling, and I certainly didn’t need to eat dinner that night. It did, however, take a while for my entrée to arrive (which may be a good thing as it assures me that the pasta wasn’t just nuked).

And I wasn’t troubled by the wait, as a glass of Secret Identity rosé ($12) kept me company.




Pros:
Good service.


Cons:
Offer a greater variety of salad options for their lunch special.
Lunch special menu not printed or written on a board, so have to listen carefully to the waiter when he recites the pasta options.


Final Thoughts
Will return, as I have to try the pizza!


No comments:

Post a Comment