Sunday, July 31, 2016

Hana Sushi


211 Seventh Avenue
(between 22nd and 23rd Streets)


On one of the hottest days of July 2016, I decided to escape the heat by trying Hana Sushi’s lunch special.

Hana Sushi is a small, narrow restaurant. Think it might seat 40 or 50 people max.


However, pleasantly surprised to find it briskly busy with many of the customers comprised of people coming in for single seating. As a single woman who lives in NYC, it is always a delight to discover restaurants where you feel comfortable dining by yourself.


The lunch specials prominently promoted by an outdoor placard were 2 rolls for $8.50 or 3 rolls for $12.50. Both came with either a soup/salad.

I opted for the 3-roll special. And since it was so hot, I ordered the salad. While a rather large portion, I would have liked if it was a bit more chilled. And the greens were a bit wilted. Next time I’ll order the soup.


For the three rolls, I ordered the spicy yellowtail, the spicy eel, and the salmon avocado.


They were also offering a chef special that sounded interesting: spicy tuna on Pringles ($12).



The rolls and the sushi were fresh and delicious. The spicy tuna appetizer with Pringles was excellent and beautifully presented.

Perfect complement for all the spicy fish, I went for their lunch drink special (2 drinks for $10). I chose the Co’ Donini, Pinot Grigio.





Pros:
Good, attentive service.
Great deal for really good rolls.
Great spot for dining alone.



Cons:
Salad was a bit wilty.
Wish some of the special rolls were also part of the lunch special deal.


Final Thoughts
Will definitely return when I’m in the mood for low-key sushi!

No comments:

Post a Comment