Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Share Our Strength Event tonight - 5/23/11

I have been quite busy and tasting many different foods at different places. Tonight, I will try to update as many places as possible in my blogs.

This is an annual event that I love to go to every year.  Sandra Lee was there signing books.  My friend is a huge fan and got to take a pix with her.  She is so short while Sandra Lee is so tall and we were a bit overwhelmed.  We can see why Governor Cuomo is impressed by her.

Back to the food.  There was more food in the past so I was a bit disappointed.

Below is a list of some of my favorite samplings tonight:





The top dish is deviled eggs with pork rind and fish.  The combination is amazing.  It is crunchy and salty.

The second dish is the grilled pork with green salsa.  My dish tasted like raw pork.  It was a bit tough.

The next two dishes were pickles and smokra tasted amazing.  Smokra is smoked okra and it is delicious.  I am going to Dean and Deluca to check this out.

Well that final picture above is mixed rum.  It is very colorful and pretty, but it was a bit cold.  It felt like I was drinking ice.

I was hoping for more variety, but it was all for charity.  Next year, I will see what they will have for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment