Thursday, March 24, 2011

Evening at Metrazur in Grand Central Station in NYC - 3/23/2011

Yeah, I learned how to add a new blog!

Terrific!

I joined two friends for dinner at Metrazur in Grand Central Station.  This is a very nice place to go to as a single older woman.  They are a bit busy so you really have to work very hard to attract their attention for service.  They do leave you alone and do not hassle you too much.  Food is brought to you very quickly once you place your order.  Everything is reasonably priced.  Average price is about $15.  I usually order one of their little pizzas.  Those are really, really good.  You must check out their menu when you arrive.

For last night, I am on a diet so I ordered tuna while one of my friends ordered fried calamari, which is another one of our favorites.  My other friend said she was not really hungry and would share our food.  By the way, the three of us have gone there a number of times - very convenient since it is located in Grand Central and we can all take the trains from there if we have a late night out.

There was also a special for a bottle of wine that night.  One bottle was $14 - who can beat that?  We took the plunge and ordered a bottle of Merlot for the table.

The fried calamari was really good as usual - again, watching my diet, so I tried not to eat too much.

The waitress did not hear my order for the tuna when she first took the order so we asked her to please order it for us later.

The tuna finally came and it looked great.

The tuna was delicious.  I went right for it with my fork and cut off a half and devoured it. 

We finished our bottle and my two friends and I toasted my new adventure in blogging.

All in all, we all had a great time, which is quite usual for us.

The food was also very good.  We usually order appetizers because that can be filling, especially for women who are counting calories and on a diet.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is whiling away their time in Grand Central Station.

Please do check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience. I will give you a call the next time I sample a restaurant so we can go together. Btw, remember to rate the restaurants on Zagat. Happy eating!!!

    ReplyDelete