Saturday, June 10, 2017

Turntable Chicken Jazz

314 Fifth Avenue, 2nd Floor
(between 31st Street and 32nd Street)


If you are in the mood for delicious KFC (Korean Fried Chicken), make a trip to Turntable Chicken Jazz.


The bar/restaurant pays homage to their name by hanging retro turntables on their walls.


 
We immediately ordered their Medium Wings Half & Half (hot & spicy, soy garlic) for $17.95. It came with twelve (12) pieces. The wings are cooked to perfection. So tasty: the skin has that perfect crispy factor and the meat is juicy. And don’t even get me started on the soy garlic sauce! Addictive. The hot & spicy was VERY spicy. Luckily my dining companion ate up most of the hot & spicy wings, so that I could enjoy most of the soy garlic wings.


And they offered a small bucket (pictured on the right in photo) to discard the bones. Brilliant!


Now, since they actually cook the wings to order, it takes a while for you to get your wings. I think our wait was about fifteen minutes.  So to while away the time, we ordered draft beer. What other drink goes better with wings??? I ordered an Asahi lager ($8). I’m not a big beer drinker, so I went with a light beer that actually lasted me for the entire meal.

We also ordered the Seafood and Scallion Korean Pancake ($14.95). Sometimes I find Korean pancakes to be overcooked, where the bottom of the pancakes are burned to a crisp. Not in this case. It was deliciously greasy goodness.


Overall, a very filling and satisfying meal!

Pros:
Memorable yummy wings!


Cons:
Hard to find! Must emphasize that the restaurant is located on the second floor. The street entrance is very narrow and many (including my friend!) walk by it. I had arrived early and had to go down to meet her at the front of the restaurant so that she could find it.

Narrow, dark stairs. Once you do find the restaurant, be careful walking up the narrow stairs. I can’t imagine after a night of hard drinking how hard it would be to walk down the stairs without stumbling. Keep those stiletto heels at home!


Final Thoughts
Will definitely return the next time I get a hankering for KFC!






2 comments: