Saturday, August 13, 2016

Chop Shop


254 Tenth Avenue
(between 24th and 25th Streets)


Another hot and humid August afternoon in NYC, which means a need to head into an air-conditioned restaurant to escape the heat.

Chop Shop is a Chinese-Thai restaurant near the Highline, and it is literally a hole in the wall. With a small bar that seats six and a few tables, it reminded me of noodle shops that one would find in Chinatown.


It was about 2 p.m., but it was packed with diners.  As soon as I sat down, the hostess immediately filled my glass with water, which I downed right away. And I was pleased to find that my glass was refilled right away. Including the hostess, there was one bartender and one server, but the service was fast, brisk, and efficient.

Along with my water, I ordered a bottle of Bruce Cost Original Ginger Ale ($4). Always refreshing over ice on a hot and humid day!


For my meal, I ordered their Thai Fried Rice ($10) with Chinese sausage and vegetables that was topped with a fried egg.


Found it to be a bit too sweet with the sausage and the corn.


Pros:
Fast, efficient service.


Cons:
Very small restaurant with a limited menu.


Final Thoughts
Menu a bit too limited and space too small for my liking.



No comments:

Post a Comment