Sunday, July 26, 2015

Bistro Le Steak


1309 Third Avenue
(corner of 75th Street)
 

Decent UES spot if you are looking for a good burger.

Met up with two girlfriends whom I haven’t seen in a while for a catch-up chat and dinner.

Had to order their Le Steak Burger with cheddar cheese. I figured if you’re in restaurant called “Le Steak,” one should order either a steak or some other beef menu item.

The burger was very good, and what I thought really interesting is that red pepper, scallion, and mushrooms are mixed in with the ground beef as opposed to being on top of the burger. Came also with very yummy fries!

 
For dessert, we split a delicious molten lava chocolate cake. Warm and moist, which paired perfectly with a glass of malbec!
 

One quibble is that the restaurant offered only one type of rosé—Domaine de Caseneuve. Found this very odd especially considering the popularity of rosés especially during the spring/summer season. Hopefully, the restaurant will rectify this confusing lack soon. The rosé was a good, dry wine, but not one that I would go out of my way to order again (as I prefer my rosés a bit on the sweet side).




Pros:
Very good burger.

Cons:
Offers only one (?!?) bottle of rosé, and found the overall wine list rather limited.


Final Thoughts
Would return for either lunch or dinner, if in the area.




No comments:

Post a Comment