Saturday, December 19, 2015

Dallas BBQ (Early Bird Special)


261 Eighth Avenue
(corner of 23rd Street)



Have not gone to BBQs for years.

So was pleasantly surprised by their Early Bird Special: two full meals for $11.99 (so it comes to a little over $6.00 per person)!

The full meal comes with: chicken vegetable soup, rotisserie half chicken served with cornbread and potatoes or yellow rice. Honey or barbecue-basted for an extra dollar.

The chicken vegetable soup was hearty and very good.


I chose to have my chicken honey-basted (for the extra dollar) and ordered fries as my potato option. As you can see, a lot of food! The honey basting was a bit too sweet for my liking, so will probably order just plain rotisserie next time.


And as I was in a Dallas BBQ, I had to order one of their famous frozen drinks. I went with the waitress’s suggestion of the Tsunami (I can’t recall the various types of alcohol, but I believe it contains quite a bit of rum). Very fun and tastes like a slushie. So be careful. These sweet drinks can sneak up on you with the alcohol content!


They also served cute, complimentary pumpkin cupcakes at the end of the meal (not shown, as I immediately popped mine in my mouth before remembering to take a pic!).


Pros:
Great deal if one is hungry.
Fun frozen drinks!


Cons:
Early Bird Special is available for DINE-IN ONLY.
Mediocre food.



Final Thoughts
Will only go back for the Early Bird Special.








No comments:

Post a Comment