Saturday, November 7, 2015

Co. (aka Company)


230 Ninth Avenue
(corner of 23rd Street)



Another brick-oven pizza restaurant! This one is located in Chelsea.

I have wanted to try their pizza for a few years, but it’s never been a destination spot for me so whenever I stopped by the restaurant was too crowded and the wait was too long. So this time, I made sure to show up when the restaurant opened for lunch.

Décor is a bright, open space.

 
I particularly liked the bar set-up. Fantastic people-watching spot!

 
The paper menu was the table setting. Genius!

 
Started out with the roasted beets salad, which came with toasted pinenuts, dill, chives, and citrus-fennel yogurt vinaigrette. As a fan of red beets, I LOVED this salad especially the yogurt vinaigrette.

 
For the pizza, I ordered the Popeye pizza pie, which came with pecorino cheese, gruyère, mozzarella, spinach, black pepper and garlic. Although, they are “individual” size, I found the pie more than suitable for sharing for two.

 
And the spinach was charred! Delish!!

 
For dessert, we selected the carrot cake, which came with candied walnuts, maple mascarpone, and gingered carrot. Perfect dessert for two! And a light treat!
 
 
As it was lunch, I chose the ginger-yuzu homemade soda for my drink. Very sweet, but wish they included actual ginger. Instead, they only had the syrup.



Pros:
Helpful and friendly staff.
Charred spinach on the Popeye pie!!


Cons:
Wish they offered a lunch special.
Only offered pizza as their entrees.


Final Thoughts
Will definitely return, if just to rate their bar service!


No comments:

Post a Comment