Sunday, September 6, 2015

Summer of Rosés


To mark the final days of summer, I had to have my final fix of rosés.

When my local liquor store was out of the rosé I was hoping to purchase, they recommended the Domaine des Nouelles 2014 Rose d’Anjou—a sweet, crisp wine with a copperish coloring.


A disappointing rosé, as I actually found it too sweet.

Another disappointing rosé was Joseph Mellot’s 2014 Sincérité Pinot Noir Rosé. The big wine trend of this summer was the Sancerre Rosé, so was intrigued to try a Pinot Noir Rosé.
 

Unfortunately, I found it to be too sweet and too fruity.
 
A rosé that I really enjoyed was the 2014 Château du Rouët.


It is an elegant dry wine with a lovely light salmon coloring and a refreshing finish. And, most importantly, it’s also offered in a half-bottle size for $9.99! Perfect if one is not looking to spend $20 for a whole bottle.


Finally, my local liquor store received another shipment of the rosé that I was in search of: the 2014 Côtes de Provence M de Minuty Rose. First, the bottle is beautiful and elegant with a long neck.
 

The taste is dry and crisp and perfect to drink on a hot summer day!


Cheers!


 
Happy Labor Day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment