Sunday, September 21, 2014

McDonald's Bacon Clubhouse

Various Locations


Yes, it’s another review about fast food!

Earlier this year, McDonald’s came out with their new Bacon Clubhouse, which features applewood smoked bacon and their special Bic Mac sauce.

Under the sandwich box lid, you can find their mission statement for the sandwich:

Discover What You Love: With ingredients like thick cut applewood smoked bacon, special sauce & caramelized onions, all mingling on a soft & warm artisanal roll.

 
You can have it with either a beef or chicken (grilled or crispy).

 

 
Over the past month, I have tried all three versions the sandwich.

The Grilled Chicken Clubhouse:
 


The Crispy Chicken Clubhouse:


 
The Burger Clubhouse:


 
Ranking:
#1: Grilled chicken. The chicken was juicy and moist. And the special sauce with the chicken was a surprisingly good combination.
#2: Burger. Decent-sized burger, but a bit too much special sauce.
#3: Crispy chicken.  Found the chicken to be a bit dry and the crispy skin was soggy. Yuck!
 
My overall comments:
I found it a bit hard to eat with my hands. It’s a bit messy as the sauce kept dripping out. I needed to plate it and then eat it with a knife and a fork. The artisanal bun is a bit sweet, but tasty and definitely preferable to the thin sesame seed bun that you would find on a Big Mac.  And although I do remember loving the McDonald’s special sauce on the Big Mac as a kid, I found it a bit much on this sandwich. And at $4.99 for the clubhouse sandwich, if I have a craving for the sauce, I’d stick with the lower-priced Big Mac.



No comments:

Post a Comment