Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sushi Mora (CLOSED!!!)


200 Eighth Avenu
(between 20th and 21st Streets)


Always on the lookout for another sushi restaurant in the Chelsea area (when Asuka is too crowded and has a half-hour wait), I decided to try Sushi Mora up the street.



Initial thoughts—nice décor!



Like Asuka, Sushi Mora offers a drink special: all-night, two-for-one cocktail. You may switch out your second cocktail with a different one if you wish.



I went for their Shanghai cocktail. Drink color was pretty, but I wish that they offered it in a martini glass. (I decided to stick with the Shanghai cocktail for my second drink as well.)




Decided to order my favorite roll, eel avocado, as a way to rate the restaurant. First, the pricing is more expensive than Asuka ($7 vs. $5.50).

And then, the presentation of the roll not as exciting. They should really try to be competitive? The roll itself was okay, but the eel was not warm enough and the rice tasted as if it had been in the rice cooker too long (meaning not sure how much customer turnover the restaurant had that evening).



Overall, I’m glad I only ordered one roll.

Asuka, you still are ranked as my number-one sushi place in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment