Monday, May 13, 2013

Celebrity Apprentice - Ice Cream Challenge

I just started watching the last 4 episodes of Celebrity Apprentice - so over the top.  However, it shows you how one can succeed with good planning and extremely good contacts.  More you know with big bucks the more likely you will make money for your charity.

Anyway, yesterday was the last challenge.
                                        and
The finalists are Penn Jillette and Trace Adkins.

Penn's charity is Opportunity Village and Trace's charity is the American Red Cross.

Okay, I decided to do a taste test.

What a perfect opportunity for a blogger and a food blogger at that.

Hmmmmm....I am on a diet, but I can take a slight break.  It will just be a spoonful from each container.

I bought a pint of each.

Penn created the Vanilla & Chocolate Magic Swirtle.  This is rich vanilla ice cream with a sea salt chocolate swirl and fudge caramel candy pieces.




Okay, my spoon is curled up in there.  Beautiful swirl - interesting swirtle - supposed to be similar to a turtle back.  Vanilla looks gorgeous.  I sniffed at my spoon and the fudge gave a good powerful odor - remember my other blog about senses...looks delicious.  I love vanilla so it melts in my mouth.  The fudge is quite powerful and so sweet.  I think this is a winner.

Wait, let's test the other one now.  

This is created by Trace Adkins.  It is called Maple Macadamia Mash-up.  It is made of dry roasted macadamia nuts in maple ice cream.  Now, let's pop the top.  It is simply white.  I thought maple ice cream would be more yellow.  I definitely smell macadamia.  In goes the spoon in my mouth - very sweet and nutty.  Chewy.....that may be the better word.




Ohhhh, so yummy.  I cannot decide.  Wait, why do I have to make a choice at all?  I am not Donald Trump.  Why not pick both?  I do like the American Red Cross better, but I prefer the swirtle.

What do you choose?  Go ahead and head to Duane Reade or Walgreens and get these.

Do your own taste test.








No comments:

Post a Comment